I am posting this “recipe” in here because this has become my go-to breakfast during this stay-at-home stretch. It it frugal and easy and delicious (and keto approved), and I have it every morning.
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp shredded cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped green chile
- Seasoning: salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder
- Heat butter in small frying pan until melted.
- Add green chile and let it sizzle a minute until warm.
- Crack an egg and stir it all up until yolk and white are combined, cook on medium.
- Season with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder.
- When egg is solidified enough to flip the egg, flip it.
- Add shredded cheese to the top.
- When bottom is cooked and cheese has melted on top a bit, flip it AGAIN. This puts the cheese on the bottom!
- Leave it alone and cook it until cheese is crispy, maybe 1 minute or so.
- Flip it out onto your plate cheese side up!
- Can serve with salsa or sour cream or guacamole, if you want. You can also add meat (ground beef, steak, chicken, etc.) at Step #2, but then it might take more egg to hold it all together. Can use pretty much any pre-cooked vegetable in place of green chile (asparagus, broccoli, bell pepper, cauliflower, chopped brussels sprouts, whatever floats your boat).
- Fried cheese is king. All hail fried cheese.