All of August will be both a FISCAL FAST and a SUGAR DETOX. I am also aiming for a “no complaining” month, but considering those first two things, this will be the biggest challenge. 😀
July 26 – 31 will be the warm-up period, though won’t be a full fiscal fast because I have to take Sabrina school shopping July 28-29.
$ Goals for August:
- $50/week on groceries.
- No shopping “for fun.” Anything that’s not an absolute necessity will go on the September list, to be reevaluated for purchase Sept 1.
- Eating out will be kept to a minimum, and as cheap as possible.
- Get rid of DirectTV!
- Gather up change/coins etc. around the house and put into canisters.
Food Goals for August:
- No candy, desserts, sodas, etc. (Obvious sugar).
- No added sugars (as much as practical) like in bbq sauce, ketchup, etc.
- No sweeteners (honey, syrup, agave, etc.) even if natural.
- Minimal artificial sweeteners. No fake stuff like Enlightened ice cream etc.
- Naturally occurring sugar in fruit is OK, just don’t overdo it.
Known obstacles in August:
- Specialty school supplies that we won’t know about until school starts.
- Ed traveling to Florida Aug 10-12.
- “Girls Weekend” while Ed is in Florida Aug 11-12; we are planning to get mani/pedis and get Sabrina a haircut. We will minimize cost by going to Supercuts and a “nail shop” instead of a salon/spa.
- I need to order new glasses which will probably happen in August. Insurance covers some but remainder will be out of pocket. Will minimize cost by checking Costco, and not getting $400 designer frames. 🙂
Will add more as it occurs to me.